Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

Vegan Finds at the Airport: Charlotte International & Bradley International Airports


Last month I had a whirlwind trip to Connecticut. On both legs of the trip, I had a connection in Charlotte, North Carolina.

A true vegan always travels prepared, even for last minute trips. I had brown rice cakes and airport-approved squeezy packets of peanut butter on hand. (Banana not pictured.)

Since it was an early flight, fresh-squeezed orange juice from Jamba Juice sounded heavenly.

On the return trip, while strolling around Bradley International, waiting for my flight, I was happy to find a display of vegan cookies, dried fruit snacks, and even a little vegan snack kit.



Back in Charlotte for my connecting flight, I picked up a fresh carrot juice from Jamba Juice

and staked out the rocking chair area. This is my favorite part of the Charlotte airport, and depending on the time of day you're there, a open rocking chair can be very hard to find. Ya gotta keep your head on a swivel!

Patience pays off eventually.

4 comments:

  1. You know, the interesting thing about having traveled around the country as much as I have, and I think it's sort of inadvertently what made me come out or at least begin doing things within the community and thinking more about that, was that I get to travel quite a bit.

    Flights to Lilongwe | Cheap Flights to Lilongwe | Cheap Air Tickets to Lilongwe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genghi's Grill in Charlotte has a Buddhist bowl that is vegan friendly with any sauce except the honey soy sauce or the khan pao. it comes loaded with veggies and your choice of rice our noodles.

    ReplyDelete