Search This Blog

Monday, July 5, 2010

Glace Artisan Ice Cream

Glace Artisan Ice Cream in Kansas City was featured in Ink magazine, and their unique flavor offerings really peaked my interest, especially after hearing that all of their sorbets are vegan.

The trendiness of this place was almost off-putting. It felt like a hipster club, where only the most fashionable, upscale scenesters could enter. Looking around, I felt better after seeing many people in swimsuits and coverups and jeans. Relieved that there wasn't a dress code, I waited in the long, chatty line, eager to view the frozen sweet offerings.

It was so hard to choose which flavor. Luckily, they offer samples, and you can also mix-and-match flavors in one cup. What to choose, what to choose... blood orange; mango-passion fruit; lemon blueberry; peach prosecco... After a couple of samples, the choice(s) were easy: pineapple-cilantro and lemon-basil.




To call these sorbets refreshing is an understatement. The fresh herbs exploded in my mouth. The world around me was muted. Suddenly I was transported to a happier time and place. I started to drift away, but remembered that sorbet melts pretty quickly, so I had to act fast. There was no way I could let this cup of cold, happy dreams melt away from my mouth.

4 comments:

  1. They have new sorbets! Cucumber! Grapefruit-Hibiscus! Sweet Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this Christopher Elbow's new joint? I saw it in the Pitch and have wanted to try it too!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is! Definitely worth a visit!

    ReplyDelete