Search This Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Recent Eats

Here are shots of some of this past week's eats.

Last weekend, I went to a vegan potluck at Vida de Cafe, a raw vegan restaurant, on St. Pete Beach. Unfortunately, it was already dark when I arrived, so I didn't get to scope out the beach views for my first time in the area. There was a fairly small turn-out, this being at the tail end of the holidays, but there were still some good eats to be had.



I brought chocolate rice pudding for dessert and, what do you know?, I forgot to take pictures of it, JUST like last time! Well, from what I could tell, it was a crowd pleaser.

I made this curry brown rice (gluten free!) couscous for dinner one night, along with some roasted asparagus.


It could've used more curry flavor (I love curry!), but this was still a nice, simple mix.


I used the leftover curry couscous to make the Confetti Couscous Salad from the 21-Day Vegan Kickstart meal plan. I added leftover tofu and asparagus to mine.


I stopped at Evos in downtown Tampa one day, which is supposed to be "healthy fast food." I was not impressed. For starters, it isn't the best place to go if you're sensitive to wheat, as most of the menu is made up of sandwiches and wraps. This leaves salads... expensive salads (my least favorite). I was pressed for time, so I grabbed a Mediterranean salad (no chicken, no feta) and a small portion of their "air baked fries" (when in Rome...), and flew out the door. Upon digging in to my salad 15 minutes later, I discovered that extra (vegan) ingredients were missing, and the fries were cold (yet disturbingly similar to deep-fried fries, which was weird). Thus, I do not recommend Evos, no matter how desperate you are. However, the meat-eating colleague who was with me really enjoyed the vegan chili.

There was one other restaurant I tried out for the first time last week, but that's coming up in another entry.

What were the best eats of your week?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda,
    Happy New Year! I'm finally organizing my first tester email and realized I don't have your email address. If you're still interested in testing recipes, could you please send a quick email to dietdessertdogs@gmail.com so I can send you the info? Thanks!

    Ricki :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first picture. So delightful.

    ReplyDelete