Search This Blog

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Busy Vegan Bee Product Review: Amy's Kids Meals Baked Ziti

Since I'm currently livin' la vida no kitchen (true story), I find myself eating either very simply (salads, smoothies, etc.) or a little more on the "convenient" side (gardein products, frozen dinners, etc.). Today's post is a product review of one such convenience food: Amy's Kitchen's Kids Meals Baked Ziti.

Yes, I'm inching closer and closer to 30 years of age and I bought a kids meal. WHAT OF IT?!

But seriously, look at the picture on that package! It's vegan. It's gluten-free. And it comes with dessert! No way should this perfection be wasted purely on the young! There's even a little maze on the back of the box.
It was also on sale at Super Target, which was possibly the biggest incentive to try it out.

Here it is in its unwrapped, uncooked splendor.

I was excited to nuke this little tray of saucy ziti, broccoli with Daiya cheese, rice focaccia (WHAT?!), and apple crisp. Again, I gotta say: Isn't this the most pleasant little kids meal ever?!


And it was! The ziti noodles were perfectly tender and was overall perfectly saucy AND cheesy. The broccoli was sliiiightly overcooked following the package directions, but still good. The star of this meal was, by far, the rice focaccia. Oh my gosh! The herbs gave it so much flavor, and even though it came out of the microwave (but only for a short amount of time - the directions actually say to pull the bread out really early on), it had a fantastic texture and taste. LOVED IT. And the apple crisp was, of course, perfect. It seems to me like someone would have to try really hard to mess up an apple crisp, ya know?

My final thoughts: the Baked Ziti Kids Meal from Amy's Kitchen is worth buying! For me, though, since I'm on a budget, I would only purchase this if it were on sale or I had a good coupon. This meal is flavorful and fun and is great for kids AND adults.

What were your favorite meals when you were a child?

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog through another vegan (ish) blog in kc, so much fun to find others in my area! Also hoping i hear about your next vegan bake sale well in advance, those blondies looked like YUM!

    ReplyDelete