Search This Blog

Friday, June 1, 2012

Vegan Swap & Linky-Dinks

In May I participated in The Verdant Life's Vegan Food Swap. I received a package from Cheryl Fairweather, vegan athlete. She sent...

dried mushrooms (which I'm still not entirely sure what to do with yet!)

Hail Merry raw chocolate macaroons (HAIL YEAH!) and some super-yummy roasted pumpkin seeds

and a bag of Late July sweet potato chips. Very flavorful!

Swaps sure are fun! The swappin' happens again in June, so if you're interested in joining in on the fun, register here.

I hope everyone enjoyed yesterday's guest post from my wonderful friend, Brandon Haskey. He also blogged a story that features me, over on his turf. In case you didn't catch the link on Facebook, go check it out here.

I like this post from Hobo Siren, especially what she says about procrastination. I'm going to write up a list of goals for this summer. There's still so much of Tampa Bay I haven't seen or tasted yet, and I've been here for a year and a half already!

Feel like you might be in a vegan/plant-strong rut? Check out this post from Engine 2 on how to bust through that slump.

There's a proposed ban on "large sugary drinks" in NYC. Specifically, the ban would "prohibit the sale of sweetened beverages larger than 16 ounces (fountain drinks, bottles, and cans) in delis, fast food outlets, restaurants, movie theaters, sports venues, and street carts." What do you think about the proposed ban?

Wanna eat a little more raw? Check this post via Crazy Sexy Life for easy tips. This post on One Green Planet gives a few more suggestions.

And now for southwest Florida's weather forecast for the next 5 months.


Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. it looks like you've got a great bunch of goodies there! enjoy! and Hail Merry is OUTRAGEOUS --- so stinkin' good! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the swap too. I had some much fun buying AND opening my box of goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, shopping was fun! I'm looking forward to the next one.

      Delete