Search This Blog

Friday, July 6, 2012

Linky Dinks & What-Nots



Happy Friday, everyone! I have a busy weekend ahead of me, so I'm taking a break from my Vegetarian Summerfest recap and sharing some Linky-Dinks and What-Nots with you! In case you're new to Hungry Vegan Traveler, from time to time I'll share links from around the Interwebs related to veganism and/or travel, as well as a few other things I think are cool (see above Youtube video of a drunk guy singing Seal to his cat). I often share links and pictures and cool things on the HVT Facebook page, but since I don't want to spam your feed, I save many links for these posts. Enjoy!

Lonely Planet author, Leif Patterson, shares some US Road Trip tips. My favorite:
Don’t wear a souvenir state t-shirt until you’re at least two states away from where it was purchased.

Vegangela is back! And I can't wait to read all about her 3-month trip around New Zealand and SE Asia.

From Mighty Girl: What Makes Hawaii Different from the Mainland. (Now I have Hawaii on the brain.)

A lake of Pepto-Bismal in Africa? Not quite...

This video made me cry and cry.


Yes and Yes posted a great piece on traveling with friends (and how to survive!).

Feather from Vegan Around the World shared some tips on how to help budget international travel.

Our Hen House interviewed Ashley Maier of Connect the Dots, which is "a project that aims to help people make the connections between all forms of oppression and well-being, including that of non-human animals and the environment. We hope to build bridges between the movements that address human rights, animal rights, and environmental justice." I totally with them on that.

If you're in the heat wave zone, you'd better check out this weather forecast (especially if you live in Virginia).


What exciting things do you have planned for this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment