Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bouncing Back

You've been hearing a lot of this around the ol' blog this past week:


I was struck down by a mighty cold all week. I don't think it was the flu... but maybe it was. I don't know. All I know is that it sucked a lot. It crept in quietly, as just a scratchy throat for two days, and then one morning, I woke up and felt like I had been hit by a truck. I could barely breathe, at one point I sneezed so hard that I tipped over (luckily I was standing near a wall), I sounded like Bea Arthur, and, at the peak of my stuffiness, I caught myself eying the plunger in the bathroom, thinking, If only that thing had never been in a toilet...

Today, though, I am happy to say that I am on the rebound! A few days ago, I had sworn to the Immune System Gods that I would never take a breath for granted, that I would take up karaoke and running and yoga as soon as I could breathe normally again, which means I should probably start limbering up. I'm not at 100% yet. Once I'm able to sing in the car again and NOT sound like Bea Arthur in this clip...

THAT is how I will know I have fully healed.

So, I have no foods to share with you. If I took pictures this week, it would have been of endless cups of soygurt and applesauce and echinacea tea. Needless to say, I didn't go anywhere, either, as I didn't want to spread this sickness around. Even though I'm only at about 81% right now, I am just OVERJOYED to feel THAT well!

Wellness is awesome!

Good things are on the way (again)!

PS. If you aren't already a fan of Hungry Vegan Traveler on facebook, what are you waiting for?! I aim to update it daily (or near-daily) with a nugget of vegan and/or travel info from across the web.

1 comment: