Search This Blog

Monday, August 9, 2010

HVT Product Review: Brody's Bakery

I first heard of Brody's Bakery sometime last year and was excited to hear about a Kansas City area bakery dedicated to vegan and gluten-free goods. When I first heard about them, though, their items were only available in Lee's Summit. Earlier this year, though, they started to offer their products in other areas, slowly coming closer to my neck of the woods/Missouri. Last week, I was thrilled to hear that they were now stocking their items at Hy-Vee in North KC. I could finally try them out!

Brody's Bakery is an all vegan and all organic bakery located in Kansas City, MO. Besides being available for local pick-up and delivery and by mail order throughout the entire USA, our products (all vegan AND gluten free!) are available in multiple Hy-Vee stores throughout Missouri and Kansas.

All ingredients are 100% organic unless otherwise noted. In addition to being gluten-free, most menu items can be specialized in other ways for allergies (corn-free, peanut-free, soy-free) upon request. You can purchase Brody's Bakery products at Hy-Vee stores in Leawood, KS, Lawrence, KS ,Kansas City, MO , Shawnee Mission, KS , Belton,MO, Overland Park, KS , Prairie Village, KS , Lees Summit, MO(both stores), Raytown,MO and also at Worlds of Fun!



I made it to Hy-Vee two days after Brody's Bakery stocked their items there, and their shelves were almost bare! It looked like they had at least a dozen different items at one point, but by the time I got there, it was down to just a few. I picked up a package of the oatmeal pies and the chocolate chip cookies.







These oatmeal pies are definitely something to sink your teeth into! The cookies have a great, dense oaty taste with a light hint of cinnamon, and the filling is sweet.







These are some toothsome chocolate chip cookies! Now, I'm more a fan of the softer, chewier cookies, and while these BB cookies weren't soft, they weren't hard like a ginger snap, either. Like the oatmeal pies, these are tooth-sinking cookies. The chocolate chips are rich and perfect for my chocolate-loving tastes. A glass of almond milk is necessary to go along with these cookies.

I'm excited to see and try more Brody's Bakery products in the Northland. (Their next delivery is tomorrow, if you're in the area.) It would be nice to see individually-wrapped treats in the future, rather than shelling out $6 for a package of cookies or pies that are going to call to me for days at a time.

2 comments:

  1. I agree -- the oatmeal pies are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How have I not heard of this place?! If they are indeed selling in Hy-Vees in OP and Shawnee, I must find some!

    -Amber Shea @almostveganblog.com

    ReplyDelete