Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

Linky-Dinks & Some Videos

Here are some links I've stumbled upon recently about veg*nism, health, nutrition, and travel in the news.

BED BUGS -- Just hearing that makes my skin crawl. Here's a link from the Travel Channel about how to find them, how to protect yourself, and how to handle them, if you're unfortunate enough to come into contact with them.

Get a FREE dairy-free e-cookbook HERE. It's full of "school time" recipes, good for children AND adults.

Have you heard? Denny's restaurants will now be carrying VEGAN veggie burgers.

Attention Kansas City-area readers: Trader Joe's is coming! (To the Kansas side.) I wish they were coming closer North, but I'll take whatever I can get. Welcome, TJ's!

There's a Pure Bar Giveaway going on over at the Almost Vegan blog.

Looking for more reading material? Here's the Guide to Culinary Schools' Top 50 Vegan and Vegetarian Blogs list.

I posted this video on facebook, but I'm posting it here, also, because it's worth watching. I am amazed at where this 11-year-old boy's priorities are, AND with his kick-ass public speaking skills!

I was 11 years old when I first well fully vegetarian (when I was 10, the only meat I would eat was chicken. Somehow my mom convinced me that was okay). I was also a junk-food vegetarian for many years, but that's another story for another blog post. When I was 11, I was all "Meat is murder! Save the animals! Rahhh!" This stuff that Birke Baehr is talking about wasn't even on my RADAR (but honestly, back then, I don't think it was on anyone's radar, at least not in my neck of the world). I'm just so impressed with this little boy. His parents must be so proud.

And here is Mark Bittman, talking about what's wrong with how we eat.


Have you heard? High-fructose corn syrup may be changing its name in the hopes of a better image to "corn sugar."

And, to end on an, ahem, uplifting note, here are some pictures of naturally naughty vegetables.

What articles and videos have caught your eye lately?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out!
    I'm stoked about TJ's too...but Denny's is getting vegan veggie burgers, for real?! Oh man, that'll mean it's time relive some of my high school days...minus the 10 cups of coffee and half a pack of cigarettes that would also have been consumed. =X Kids...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Gosh, Denny's was the regular hang-out for me in high school, too. I never drank coffee, though. It was all cigarettes, Coke, and hot fudge sundaes. (Barf!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. tj's is actually coming to both sides of the state line with two locations: one in leawood and one on ward parkway in kc. the leawood location will not be carrying alcohol.

    ReplyDelete