Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ode to Koi


Here it is, just day three of the Vegan MoFo challenge, and I'm already finding myself working under the wire. It's not quite midnight central time, though, so I'm okay! (Blogging on the daily isn't quite as easy as I thought it'd be.)

Tonight I'm blogging about another favorite Kansas City restaurant: Blue Koi Noodles & Dumplings.

Blue Koi has some pretty great vegan appetizers to start out your delicious dining experience. My recommendation is the eggplant pockets. They're a bit greasy, but oh so good. (Get ready for some kooky lighting since these pictures are from dinner, which means dim mood lighting.)


Big crispy pockets of veggie goodness, drizzled with raw garlic sauce.


For my entrée, I went with the tofu with black bean sauce. Blue Koi has magical tofu cooking powers. They get the texture just right - braised to perfection!


Succulent chunks of tofu served with red and green bell pepper slices and thick, juicy portobella mushroom chunks, served with a hefty portion of fluffy jasmine rice.


The portions are generous at Blue Koi, which means I'll be enjoying these leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

Don't forget the bubble tea!


(I've heard that the only fruity flavors that are vegan are mango and passionfruit, FYI.)

Blue Koi is another great restaurant for diners of all different persuasions: omnivore, vegetarian, and vegan. Everyone can find a great meal. And if all else fails, there happens to be a Genghis Khan location practically next door!

5 comments:

  1. Hot diggity damn! That food looks awesome. I must google these eggplant pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder they are your fave, my goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those eggplant pockets are what made me like eggplant in the first place. They're powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I've NEVER been to Blue Koi. ::hides face:: Anytime I'm in that area and jonesing for Asian food, I end up at Genghis Khan or Po's! But black bean tofu is a favorite of mine, and theirs looks amazing. One of these days, I will make it there...

    ReplyDelete