Search This Blog

Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Times They Are A-Changin'

Big changes have been happening in my life lately, and even bigger ones are coming soon.



It is with mixed feelings and a heavy heart that I announce my departure from Missouri next week. I've met some really wonderful people here, saw some interesting things, and learned an awful lot about a lot of things in my 5 years in the midwest. I don't want to get terribly personal on this blog, because this isn't That Kind of Blog, but in a nutshell: I've had a really bad year. I had some really bad luck and it affected many areas of my life. I've decided to make a (big) change in the hopes that things will improve. I'm returning to Florida, which is actually where I lived before I came to Missouri, and starting over in a semi-familiar place. I'm nervous and anxious, but I'm hoping with all my heart that something good will finally happen. Life is just too damn short.

I will be passing through the following major cities on my route:
St. Louis, MO
Nashville, TN
Atlanta, GA


If anyone has any suggestions of Must-See places to visit in any of those areas, please let me know! My time and funds are somewhat limited, but I've created a flexible enough schedule where I can make stops and see some sights.

I will also be blogging from the road, so look forward to traveling along with me through this blog.

In the meantime, your warm thoughts and good luck are greatly appreciated. Get ready for a change of scenery around this ol' blog!

9 comments:

  1. Not really a site to see, but I love eating at Local Harvest Cafe in STL. Lots of vegan options and it is a chill coffee shop. I'm sorry your life has been full of suck. I can relate, I'm not doing well in MO myself, but I'm tied to a house unfortunately and my husband moves slow as molasses to change things up :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to you! Hope Florida proves to be a better place and that good luck finds you.

    Happy MoFo'ing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you will be greatly missed here! best of luck with your move :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always impressed by people who know things need to change and then *act* on that knowledge. Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god, that movie poster is hysterical. How did you do that?!

    On your way TO St. Louis, you could stop in Columbia and eat at Main Squeeze Cafe - I liked it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck in Florida! Starting over is always hard but it's a little easier when you know it's time to make the move.

    As this isn't That Kind of Blog, I don't know what you like besides food, so I'd suggest Sweet Art in St. Louis and Wild Cow in Nashville. I haven't been to Atlanta in years, but I read about a place recently: http://eatingappalachia.com/2010/11/05/vegan-mofo-day-5-i-love-atl-fridays-part-i/ -- looks like she is planning a Friday feature on the ATL.

    I look forward to hearing about what you find along your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in Nashville.
    GO TO THE WILD COW!!
    Before you go, let me know; and if I can't do a meet up; I can tell you what not to order (mango slaw, sweet potato hash)

    ReplyDelete