Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgivings Past

Thanksgiving 2007

My mom made pierogies (love a good pierogi), broccoli is a must, good ol' crescent roll, broccoli casserole (one can never have too much broccoli), and mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy

Thanksgiving 2008

My plate after a raw Thanksgiving "cooking" class in Kansas City. This was my first time eating fancy raw foods (you know, beyond a salad or some fruit) and everything was amazing! Clockwise from the left: cranberry-blood orange dressing, sprouted wild rice stuffing, a dehydrated portobella mushroom torte-type thing, "candied" butternut squash, green bean casserole (my first green bean casserole ever!), and in the center is mashed cauliflower with mushroom gravy. This wasn't even all of the food there, but I can't seem to find any other pictures. What's missing is another "stuffing," a big salad (and I mean BIG), two cheezecakes, and sun-nog. It was quite a feast.

Thanksgiving 2009

Clockwise from the left-ish: cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes with "Punk Rock Chickpea Gravy" (from Vegan with a Vengeance), homemade holiday loaf (with Punk Rock Gravy on top), Brussels sprouts, crescent roll, and raw veggies with roasted red pepper hummus.

I only have pictures of the last three years because that's about how long I've had a digital camera. What will Thanksgiving 2010's plate look like? You'll have to check back tomorrow!

Happy holidays, everyone! (And make sure to take pictures of your plates, too!)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, cool-looking raw T-Day plate.

    Have a great Thanksgiving in FL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! you are making me hungry! i need a snack.

    ReplyDelete