Search This Blog

Friday, November 19, 2010

Attack of the Guac

I bought a mammoth avocado (a "Large Florida avocado," to be exact) at the grocery store earlier this week and eagerly awaited its ripening. I brought it to a friend's house tonight and we feasted on a large amount of guacamole. Pictured here is what came from ONE avocado (and we had already had several tastes). This doesn't adequately represent the massive amount of guac we had at our disposal, but use your imagination. This was a pretty large glass bowl.

Heck yeah! We were SO CLOSE to finishing it all, too, but then these little snacks fell into our laps (but not literally - that would be messy).
An everything-but-the-kitchen-sink-style veggie juice.


Freshly sauteed string beans with Bragg's (enjoyed while sitting on the porch this evening, hence the bright photo).


Ah yes, kicking back on a friend's porch, sipping fresh veggie juice, and snacking on hot string beans with my fingers. It all makes for a pretty swell Friday evening.

4 comments:

  1. All that from one avocado?!
    Whenever I make guac (which is pretty much once or twice a week - yeah I have a guac problem) I always use 3 or 4 avocados, but one of those babies would do even me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish I had that guacamole! :) I just bought avocados yesterday, only to slice one open today and find out it was all black inside. I'm really careful when buying them here (since they're always imported from far away and often not too good), but sometimes (when they're sold refrigerated), it's impossible to tell that they're over-ripe or otherwise bad. Such a disappointment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds awesome...especially the part about it being warm enough to sit on the porch! ;)

    ReplyDelete